Saturday, February 25, 2012

Student Affairs Creates Survey to Evaluate Surveys

WINONA LAKE, IN: When students first hear the words "Grace College", the fourth word that typically comes to mind is "surveys" (the first three obviously being character, competence, service). Grace College has been known to send out surveys about Alpha Dining, RA evaluations, Physical Plant, teacher evaluations, etc.


According to Dr. Jim Swanson, students can expect to find another survey in their inbox in the next few days. "We received some feedback from students who felt that Grace was sending too many surveys. Wanting to hear from the student body directly, we decided to do the natural thing and put together a survey, asking what students thought about all of the surveys".


Not everyone is on board with the surveys. According to Freshman, Bryan Owens, "the constant barrage of emailed surveys is really starting to annoy me. The only survey I would consider taking is one about Campus Safety, and ironically, that's the only department that doesn't survey us."


However, not all students feel inconvenienced by the surveys. Alpha resident, Analise-Marie Bowers, says she loves the continuous surveying. "I just think that it is so great that the various departments at Grace care so much about us as students and want to hear our feedback. I love the surveys so much that my roommate and I even created out own survey to give to each to other to see how we can improve in being a roomie. It turns out I snore really loud and my roommate can't sleep at night. Without a survey this never would have been brought to my attention!"


Grace students aren't the only wanting to see changes in the evaluations and surveys. According to Tim Young, professor in the Art Department, "I'd like to see things flipped around. I'm tired of always stressing about my evaluations from students. I say, why not let professors evaluate the students? People are always giving us a hard time, but we're not the ones playing Temple Run and stalking people on Facebook during class".


Look for the survey about surveys within the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. There are a couple of us that don't play Temple Run during class. I'm all Angry Birds here.

    ReplyDelete